Many factors can directly affect your window replacement project. These include proper window sizing, which is actually tied to your comfort, safety and efficiency needs. To ensure you’re getting correct-sized windows for your West Chester, OH home, you’ll need to consider a few essentials first. The trusted window installation expert in the area, Renewal by Andersen® of Cincinnati shares some of them here:
- Local Codes and Regulations. You are free to make your replacement windows as large (or as small) as you want. However, you still need to take into account the building codes specific to your area. These guidelines generally dictate just how tall and wide the windows in certain areas of your home should be. This is especially crucial in windows inside your bedroom, bathroom, and basement. They should be of a particular height and width (and be easily operable) so you’re able to use them as an exit in case of emergencies.
The International Building Code, in fact, holds that every bedroom should have a window that must be at least 5.7 square feet, 20 inches wide, and an opening that’s no higher than 44 inches from the floor. But this may also vary with each area. And while it seems like these codes are limiting your choice of window size, they do exist for your personal safety. That’s why it’s always best to comply with them for your window installation.
- Daylighting. Proper window sizing is an integral part of daylighting. You can have larger windows installed for better illumination, especially in those areas that don’t receive much natural light. The rule of thumb dictates that these bigger windows should face north or south to prevent glare. Windows that face east or west, should be kept smaller to reduce solar heat gain in the living space.
- Function and Aesthetics. The size of your windows can also affect the look and functionality of any given room. For instance, it just makes sense to have larger windows installed if a particular space overlooks a stunning view. Choosing large operable windows in rooms that generate excess moisture, such as bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms helps ventilate them better. And if you have a room with a high ceiling, you’ll need windows that are just tall enough to create a more cohesive look.
But aside from size, you should also consider the framing material and glass used by your replacement windows. After all, these components can directly affect just how durable and energy-efficient your new units can be. The good news? You don’t even need to look far for the best window frame and glass combination–you only need to turn to Renewal by Andersen® of Cincinnati. Here’s what makes our double-hung windows stand out in West Chester, OH:
- Revolutionary Fibrex® Material. Using an innovative composite material exclusive to Renewal by Andersen®, we can offer some of the toughest and most versatile replacement windows available today. Their sashes and frames are made of Fibrex®, which combines the extreme durability and superior insulating properties of wood with the low-maintenance performance of vinyl. Fibrex® doesn’t crack, pit, peel, rust, or corrode. Not only that–it is also impervious to warping, which is a common weakness in both wood and vinyl windows.
In fact, Fibrex® is so durable that it can be styled and shaped into any window. This same fact allows us to create windows with thinner frames and a larger glass area. Did you know that this composite is energy-efficient, as well? When closed, our Fibrex® sliding and casement windows keep an airtight seal that prevents outdoor temperatures from seeping into your home. At the same time, they ensure that heating and cooling energy remains trapped inside your living space, preventing significant energy loss.
- Advanced Glass Technology. Pair Fibrex® with our High-Performance™ Low-E4® SmartSun™ glass and you’ll find that keeping a comfortable and energy-efficient home via your windows is pretty much negligible. Our glass option allows plenty of natural light to stream inside your Cincinnati home–but without the unwanted heat gain. This ensures your home remains naturally cooler and more comfortable during the summertime. What’s more, our Low-E4® glass can block damaging ultraviolet light, helping prevent fading and damage to your furniture, walls, and flooring.
More Reasons to Choose Us
At Renewal by Andersen® of Cincinnati, we have made it our mission to deliver only the highest quality casement windows replacement. But that’s not the only reason we remain the top window company in West Chester, OH and the nearby cities. You can also count on us for:
- Unmatched Workmanship. When you choose us to handle your window installation, you’re always sure the project will be finished perfectly right the first time. We make this possible through a streamlined process where we guide you through every step of the project.
- Extensive Window Customization. Renewal by Andersen® of Cincinnati makes it easy for you to design windows that are truly one-of-a-kind. They are available in a wide array of styles, shapes, interior-exterior color combinations, hardware finishes, and creative grille patterns.
- Industry-Leading Window Warranties. Our Renewal by Andersen® replacement windows in Cincinnati are covered by transferable limited warranties that add an extra layer of protection to your investment. These include coverage on Fibrex® material components, glass, accessories, and installation.
Schedule Your Window Consultation Now!
Sizing your casement or double-hung windows properly is never a problem when you turn to Renewal by Andersen® of Cincinnati. Our team takes precise measurements–and complies with local building codes–as we design and craft your replacement windows. With our high-quality options, we’ll make sure your home is as lovely and secure as we can make it. We proudly serve the areas in and around Cincinnati, and West Chester, Ohio. Call us today at (513) 283-8981 or fill out this contact form to schedule your window consultation. We look forward to hearing from you!